Faith School – Proposal for One-Year of Mentoring and Coaching
Summary of our mission:
Faith School desires to be the school that God has called it to be. Advance Christian Schools (ACS) desires to help Faith School achieve that calling by showing the school how to steward its blessings and to cast a future vision that will bless even more families.
Growing and transforming are integral parts of this process. We don’t work just to “fix problems” or install point solutions. We believe that Faith School can be re-positioned to be a premier Christian school which God could use to raise the standard of education and even bless and help another Christian school who is in need.
On route to that vision and re-positioning, Faith School’s early objective is to develop and implement a strategic development plan that will position the school for financial stability and growth.
Secondary (and connected) objectives:
- Developing a near-term strategic plan
- Advice and consultation regarding accreditation and outreach to home schooled families
- Guidance on the relationship between the school and its church sponsor
- Communications outreach to the community to position Faith School as a school on the move
- Assisting the board in understanding its roles and helping them be deployed in the most effective way for the school’s success
Following an initial meeting, we would follow this overall schedule for regular interaction. In addition to regular communications, there may be other conferences and school trips.
Month 1: Program year begins
Month 2 - telephone conference
Month 3 - telephone conference
Month 4: 1st quarter review
Month 5 - telephone conference
Month 6 - telephone conference
Month 7: Mid-year review
Month 8 - telephone conference
Month 9 - telephone conference
Month 10: 3rd quarter review
Month 11 - telephone conference
Month 12 - telephone conference
Conclusion: Mentoring year conclusion – paths forward
Requirements of Faith School
- A in-depth study (with practical implications) that result in intentional leadership based on principles and strategies as found in the books of the Old and New Testament
- Reading and interacting on three books beneficial to the administrator and/or board in the areas of business management leadership and spiritual development.
- Three board training sessions throughout the year
- A given monthly goal is to be accomplished and is a part of the monthly meeting that includes the administrator and the board president.
- Two visits to two different Christian schools that evidence a successful expression of what Christian education should look like by the administrator and a given board member.
- Begin the process of a five year business plan which identifies where the school hopes to be in five years.
- Attend selected seminars or conferences that will enhance the administrative leadership of the school.
Expectations of Faith School and ACS
- A willingness to be involved in an overall assessment of the school organization, ranging from the evaluation of Board governance to the condition of the physical plant.
- A desire for a written covenant with ACS to fulfill the yearlong mentoring program.
- Agree to a reimbursement for travel expenses along with an administrative fee to ACS.
- Either party can discontinue the mentoring program with a 30-day notice. (It is anticipated that genuine reasoning from either party would validate the need for the discontinuance of the mentoring program).
- Provision in the school’s budget for the anticipated expenses for this mentoring program
- Access to the school’s leadership at times (if necessary) other than the scheduled meetings.
ACS’s Covenant with Faith School
- Like Faith School, we are leery of another program, new method, or organization that is quick with a solution, but not available to help carry it out. ACS will stay by your side for the entire year – available and in prayer.
- Confidentiality is critical since public relations and opinion can do fast damage. ACS will keep these confidences as agreed to with the board.
- Web-based information and knowledge will be made available at no additional cost
- Since this is an early project for ACS, we would like to be able to share the blessings that God brings with other schools to encourage them to participate. None of these communications would occur without prior approval of Faith School.